Micro Oiseau – Green Policy
Micro Oiseau is highly committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment and we are guided by the promotion and execution of environmentally friendly process and procedures in reducing our carbon footprint. Our green policy:
We always aim to:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the careful selection and use of its printers and print technology.*
- Actively use and promote recycling, and the use of recycled and FSC managed materials both internally and amongst our translators, customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all environmental legislation that relates to the business.
- Save energy with ‘auto’ switch off equipment.
- Minimise road miles through digital delivery of material for collaborators, customers and suppliers via FTP services.
- Use of VoIP, e.g. Zoom, MS Teams, Skype for meetings, and training to reduce road miles when appropriate and possible.
- Use renewable energy wherever and whenever possible.
Powered by the sun!
Our office in York, North Yorkshire is powered by solar power and all energy is from renewable sources via Octopus Energy.
Green Recognition and Awards
Founder Jacky Fitt was awarded Investors in the Environment Overall Achiever 2015 in Yorkshire and Humber for commitment to reducing environmental impact and continual improvement of environmental performance in business.